Once you are a mum life changes in ways you never thought possible, I hear of mums who use going to the toilet as an excuse to get a moment to themselves. What a nice idea that would be.
Instead in this house when it is just me and the boys it feels more like this
Just today I have done the following
- sung songs
- tried to stop Tim eating the light pull
- picked up tampons
- watched Sammy blow bubbles from in the bath (he spent half the afternoon in there, fully dressed!)
- tried to avoid the subject of what tampons are with a 2year old
- played patta-cake
- stopped squabbles
- watched tampons being used as a counting aid
- moved Tim from trying to climb in to the toilet bowl (yes I was sat there at the time!)
stopped Tim eating tampons
So are you one of the lucky ones who can use the bathroom as somewhere to get a short moment of peace?
If not what things did you never imagine yourself doing while sat on the toilet?