Thank you to MummyPinkWellies for nominating me to take part in the Liebster award.
This is the first time anyone has nominated me to take part in this sort of thing, so I am very excited!
This is what I must do…
- Link back to the blog that nominated me
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that have less than 200 followers
- Answer all questions posted by the nominator
- Share 11 random facts about myself
- Create 11 questions for my nominees
- Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them
1. What’s your favourite meal of the day, and what would be your perfect variation of that meal?
This is easy, definitely my evening meal after the boys have gone to bed, I love them to bits, but it is great to be able to concentrate on feeding me and no one else.
My favourite variation? Not an easy one as I’m someone happy to eat just about anything, and would prefer to stick to variety rather than one dish.
2. Aside from your children, partner and pets, what one thing would you take from your house if you woke in the night to find it was on fire?
Probably my mobile, not because I use it all that much, just because if I had it with me I know I would be able to get help, and no not the obvious 999, I mean friends and family, someone to take the boys in while things get sorted. Before becoming a parent we hardly knew anyone around where we live, now I know I have an amazing network of friends who would help out if needed. Thank you to all of you, you know who you are!
3. Where do you prefer to do your main food shop and why? Is it the price, the pretzels or the people-watching?
At the moment I prefer on-line as it is easier to spend time checking for allergens without everyone else from the family in tow, and can be done over several nights. But I definitely would rather go out to a supermarket, browse for deals and people watch. I like Aldi, but if I could only use one shop it would have to be Tesco as although I can find most things we want in Aldi, there are still a few bits I struggle to get.
4. If you only had £5.00 left in your food budget for the month and you needed to make it stretch to 3 more meals for 4 people how would you do this?
Hope that they are happy to eat 3 breakfasts of cereal and toast.
In this house it wouldn’t be a big problem, as we always have plenty in, if I had to cook on a budget, I would probably look at things like pasta with a simple tomato sauce, maybe a Spanish omlette, or even toasted sandwiches, as most people have alsorts of things in their fridge that could be used up in the sandwich toaster.
5. What’s your perfect date night?
I’ve never been big on going out, so for me I am just as happy to have the boys tucked up in bed, then sit down with hubby, glass of wine and a takeaway.
6. If you could change one thing about your life, what, if anything, would it be?
I’m completely happy with my life as it is, so I guess if I had to pick anything to change it would be for Tim to not have allergies to dairy.
7. Chocolate or crisps?
That really isn’t a fair question, normally I would say crisps every time, I definitely have a savoury tooth, but having not had a bar of Cadburys dairy milk since January, (breastfeeding a child with allergies!) I am starting to get cravings.
8. What item of clothing would you not be seen dead wearing?
Anything that reveals too much skin!
9. Facebook or Twitter and why?
Facebook, just because I can find my way around it, I am still quite new to Twitter and haven’t really got my head around it at the moment. Maybe ask me in 6months and I will think differently, who knows
10. Do you have a recurring dream or nightmare and what do you think it means?
11. If money were no object and you could do just one thing for yourself what would it be?
I would love to return to Iceland, it was the most amazing holiday we ever had, but I wouldn’t want to do it until the boys were old enough to come and appreciate it.
so here come the 11 random facts about me
- Normally I love lists, but that’s the sort you can cross things from when you have completed them, I’m even known to add things to lists just so they can be crossed of. Not so keen on this list, struggling to come up with 11 things!
- I own a woodland in Shropshire
- I suffer from Ornithophobia
- and Lepidopterophobia
- I love feeling that I am helping people, Brownies, Guides, Yummy Mummies
- I’m not good at saying ‘NO’ to people
- I cannot crochet, I know it sounds a stupid fact as there must be loads of people reading this who also can’t crochet, but I am a crafty type of person who can usually master most things, but crocheting is still beating me!
- My favorite food is cheese, which I haven’t eaten since January.
- My hair used to be ginger.
- I do not wear make-up and have never dyed my hair
Now for the blogs I am nominating
(and I really hope I do this right as I have never had to do this before!) it said to nominate 5-11 blogs, so I will try and stick to the theme of 11, here goes
- Life with pink princesses
- Really Rachel
- Small Potatoes
- Breastfeeding in England
- The Happy Mummy
- Mom in the Muddle
- raising my rainbow
and the questions for you to answer
- Where is your favorite place in the world? this could be somewhere you have been to, or somewhere you really want to go
- What would you say you are addicted to or couldn’t live without?
- What quote do you live your life by?
- How do you like to spend time with your family?
- What is your favorite book?
- What has been one challenge you have had to overcome in your life?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- What is the biggest mistake you have made in your life so far?
- What is your favorite website?
- What would be your perfect day? who would you spend it with, where would it be, what would you do?
- What is your most annoying habit?
I would love to hear from you if you decide to join in, and feel free to have a go if you haven’t been tagged.
Most importantly enjoy yourself.