So here is the final post on Tim’s milk trial this week.
I tried to speak to a dietician on day 3, but unfortunately there wasn’t a paediatric one available, so I made the decision not to continue until I had heard from them. After a very hectic day at the Macmillan Coffee afternoon I finally managed to speak to one.
She was very friendly and understanding, she immediately said there was no way that we should be continuing.
She said that everything I had described was definitely a reaction (and with such a small crumb!) and is concerned whether there may be any other foods that he is reacting to, advising me to make sure that I keep a small notebook just for Tim to record any reactions that he has to any other foods or anything else (I’m guessing that she hasn’t see he has a folder already, not just a notebook!) She then also said that due to his age it might be worth getting referred to an allergy specialist as well as a paediatrican if it continues so that he can be properly tested, as skin prick tests might be useful, guess that is the next thing I need to start researching to see if it is worth doing or not, as so far I have heard very mixed views on it.
I asked when we should be thinking about trialing him again, I thought I should show willing, even though I really don’t want to do it again, but I can ask when. I have been advised to wait at least 6months and to let them know if there are any other issues in the meantime.